top of page


Illinois Insurance provides various types of coverage for all your home needs.

What we offer

Illinois Alliance Insurance provides various types of coverage for all home and auto needs, from the most basic to the most broad coverage types. Our home and auto policies offer various discounts as well as convenient payment options. In addition, we are able to offer our clients package policies to include all autos, boats, homes and dwellings, as well as any other personal property to take advantage of discounts that our companies offer.


You put a lot of time and money into your home. Home insurance is one means to protect your investment. Understanding your personal needs, you bring together a package of different coverages to provide as much protection as you feel necessary.


Home insurance can protect you from damages to your home, its contents or even from financial liability if someone outside of your household is injured and you are found to be responsible.

Taking the time now to understand home insurance will help you to fend off potential financial misfortune in the future.

Exclusions and 

Read your home policy carefully to find out what is excluded from coverage. In addition to excluded perils, your coverage may exclude:

  • Property and liability of tenants, roomers or boarders. Tenants may opt to purchase renters insurance.

  • Business liability for damages resulting from home business activities and professional services. Talk to your insurance agent about separate business-related coverage.


You can add to your package by purchasing additional coverages, such as:

  • Jewelry

  • Earthquake

  • Flood (must be purchased separately from the federal National Flood Insurance Program.


Most companies offers a variety of discounts to help you save money, including:


  • New Home Discount

  • Mature Homeowners Discount

  • Multi-Policy Discount

  • Claim Free Discount

  • Protective Devices Discount

  • Superior Home Discount


Discount availability varies by state.


This information, although a reasonable description of the coverage provided, does not constitute part of the policy or binder of insurance and shall not be construed to replace any provision of the policy itself. In the event of any conflict between the policy and this information, the provisions of the policy shall prevail. It is therefore important that you read your policy carefully for complete details.

Common Homeowner's Questions

Are my jewelry and other valuables covered?

The standard policy provides only from $1,000 to $2,000 for theft of jewelry. If your jewelry is worth a lot more, you should purchase higher limits.


You may wish to add a floater to your policy to cover specific pieces of jewelry and other expensive possessions such as paintings, electronic equipment, stamp collections or silverware, for example.


The floater will provide both higher limits and protect you from additional risks, not covered in your normal policy.

A pipe bursts and water flows all over my floors. Am I covered?

Yes. The HO-3 covers you for accidental discharge of water from a plumbing system. You should check your plumbing and heating systems once a year.


While you are covered for damage, who needs the mess and hassle?

Am I covered for direct losses due to fire, lightning, tornadoes, wind storms, hail, explosions, smoke, vandalism and theft?

Yes. The HO-3 provides broad coverage for these and other disasters or “perils,” as they are called in the policy, including all those listed in the question.


You should check the dollar limits of insurance in your policy and make sure you are comfortable with the amount of insurance you have for specific items.

My golf clubs are stolen from the trunk of my car. Does my homeowners policy cover the loss?

Yes. The HO-3 covers your personal property while it is anywhere in the world.


However, if your golf clubs are old, you will only get their current value, which may not be enough to purchase a new set.


Consider buying a replacement-cost endorsement for your personal property.


This way you will get what it costs to replace the golf clubs, less the applicable deductible.

A neighbor slips on my sidewalk or falls down my porch steps and threatens to take me to court for damages. Does my policy protect me?

Yes. The policy will pay for damages, if a fall or other accident on your property is the result of your negligence.


It will also pay for the legal costs of defending you against a claim.


Also, the medical payments part of your homeowners policy will cover medical expenses, if a neighbor or guest is injured on your property.


You should check to see how much liability protection you have. The standard amount is $300,000. If you feel you need more, consider purchasing higher limits.

A tree falls and damages my roof during a storm. Am I covered?

Yes. You are covered for the damage to your roof. You are also covered for the removal of the tree, generally up to a $500 limit.


You should cut down dead or dying trees close to your house and prune branches that are near your house.


It's true that your insurance covers damage, but falling trees and branches can also injure your family.

Am I covered for flood damage?

No. So, if you live in a flood-prone area it may be wise to purchase flood insurance. Flood insurance is provided by the federal government, under a program run by the Federal Insurance Administration.


In some parts of the country, homes can be damaged or destroyed by mudslides. This risk is also covered under flood policies.


Contact your agent or company representative to get this insurance or call the Federal Emergency Management Agency at 1-800-427-4661 or visit its Web site at

What if water seeps into my basement from the ground, am I covered?

No. Water seepage is excluded under the HO-3. And if the water seepage is not due to a flood you will not be covered under a flood policy.


Seepage is viewed as a maintenance issue and is not covered by insurance.


You should see a contractor about waterproofing your basement.

Get a Price Quote
Walls (%)
Flooring (%)
Central Airconditioning
Check the items you have in your home
Are any of these built-in? Check if yes
Do you have a hot tub outside?
Is your hot tub fenced?
Years of Updates
Are your circuit brakers over 40 years?
Copper or PVC over 50 years?
Do you have a deck around your pool?
Do you have a fence around?
Do you have a trampoline?
Is your pool netted?
Staked to the ground?
Do you have a pet?
Sump Pump Coverage
Earthquake Coverage
Flood Ins Required?
Any scheduled items such as
Is your payment paid through Escrow?
Do you have any of the following?
Business office on property?
Have you declared bankruptcy in the last 5 years?
Have you been cancelled or non-renewed in the last 5 years?

Thanks for submitting!



1071 East Grant Hwy.
Marengo, IL 60152

Phone: (815) 568-7560

  • Black LinkedIn Icon
  • Black Facebook Icon
  • Black Twitter Icon
  • Black Google+ Icon
  • Black Instagram Icon
bottom of page